Monday, June 22, 2009

Arnhem Fashion Biënnale 2009

Went to the Arnhem Fashion Biënnale yesterday, together with Ellen and Annemieke. Two very inspiring, authentic and honest women. Annemiek works as a designer for HEMA, Ellen used to be my boss at IKEA's styling department and she has just bought this incredible embroidery computer-machine-thing...will this Biënnale be the last little push she needed to just get going and produce piles of beautiful, ugly, normal, silly, horrible, boring and sweet embroidered textiles? Hope so.
Theme of the exhibition is 'Shape'. For me as a pattern-designer (decoration, no shape) a bit threatening, but it woke me up as well!
My number one were, of course, the paper lightobjects by Paula Arntzen, couldn't stop taking pictures!





And there was this work by Mattijs van Bergen, blue ballpoint lines (the ones you draw during long telephone conversations) following the superbe shape of a dress!



Other things that struck me:




2 comments:

  1. goodness me those lights are AMAZING. I'm off to check out her website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jurainne! May i re-blog some of your pictures of the lights??? I find them very inspiring and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Allways happy if you leave me a note!
Spam will be removed and reported.