Wednesday, May 12, 2010

back from paradise



It was even more beautiful, warm and quiet on the south coast of Crete than we expected! We stayed in white houses in the palm-tree garden, all with sea view (see photo with the shutters, taken from our doorstep). My sister and her family stayed in the old mill (see above) with the best view you can imagine. The immense beach - 20 meters from our house - was almost empty (apart from our sand digging-castle-building boys).
The first weeks of May the island is in full bloom, wild oleanders coloured the hills pink, bougainville decorated the walls of the houses... The weather was great (31 C), the food healthy and good (fresh, fresh, fresh) and the people were so very nice! Last but not least: The studio's and the mill are very much affordable.

If you ever consider a relaxed holiday
in this little paradise on Crete, contact me!

4 comments:

  1. Ziet er heerlijk uit! Als ik ooit nog eens een vakantie naar Griekenland plan, hoor je nog van me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doe mij zo'n vakantie! Fijn dat het zo heerlijk was! Je kan me hier aanvegen na al die kou en regen!
    Kan geen vingerverf meer zien!
    Bjor

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmm... look so nice! I miss the sun, with 21c I will be very happy. nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Allways happy if you leave me a note!
Spam will be removed and reported.