Sunday, August 31, 2014

trade show times


This was the fall edition of the showUP trade fair last week. Although I was completely exhausted (tell you more about that below) it again felt like being on summer camp with good friends ;-). ShowUP is always a feast! Sabine Wittig, my friend/distributor from Germany came over and took the above photo's of me (which is unique, because no one ever does!).

I hoped to have the final samples of the ceramic cups on the show and I knew lots of customers would love to order them. It was such a disapointment when I found out that I couldn't show any of the ceramics I received the night before showUP started. The cups were not ok in many ways. I somehow forefelt this, but there was the pressure of 2 important trade fairs and my hopes won from my fears. The result: no cups to show, a couple of nights with not more than 4 hours of sleep and no turnover from this nice new collection....
But I do NOT give up. Give me some time, some more rounds, the cups will eventually be in my collection, I promiss.
Still I was a happy wholesaler: I had my new Weave Lanterns to show ánd my almost final samples from the tea towels. And people loved them!

Today I'm preparing for Maison & Objet in Paris. It's going to be my very first time, so exciting! 

If you are around please drop by:  Hall 6, stand Q50 - bienvenu!


2 comments:

  1. Komt vast goed, hou vol! En ik koop ze meteen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. succes
    en
    het was zo leuk je te ontmoeten!
    succes in Parijs
    en als de kopjes er zijn
    dan koop ik ze
    olé!!

    ReplyDelete

Allways happy if you leave me a note!
Spam will be removed and reported.