Sunday, May 24, 2015

1001 little lights - magazine and fair


1001 Lichtjes is a Dutch portal and webshop for contemporary, stylish and authentic products and services related to comfort, farewell, mourning and remembering.

Owner Liesbeth Steur was one of the first persons I told about the new Rite de Passage lightboats when I launched them. Because it was Liesbeth who contacted me years ago with a request for it, and back then I told her sailing lightboats were definately in my planning, just didn't know when...

1001 Lichtjes has it's own fabulous E-zine, and I am sorry dear readers: it's in Dutch, like the website. So for the Dutch readers: somewhere at the end there's an interview with me about my personal reasons to design the boats.

And....there will be a 1001 Lichtjes Fair on Sunday the 7th of June. It will be held in an historic industrial/religious location (it once was a church ánd a metal factory!): the Metaalkathedraal in Utrecht.

Amongst the fair participants there is for example Miranda van Dijk, who designs these wonderful textile photo flowers and leaves, see photo below. And of course you can see my Rite lightboats floating and my Weave lanterns shining (and everything is for sale!).

Hope to see you there!



2 comments:

Allways happy if you leave me a note!
Spam will be removed and reported.