When they phoned me some time ago I was rather sceptical. Again an event in this small world of creative professionals in Holland? I have never attended Sunday markets, craft fairs, creative factory events etc. Next to the 50 hours I already work for my wholesale company I never had time, nor felt like attending these kind of events.
But somehow CREATIVE LIFE had a certain 'je ne sais quoi'. I asked them to phone me again. And now I am IN!
- Inspiration is the key theme (and yes: next to that, visitors can buy stuff too, lucky me!)
- It takes craft & creativity to a higher level - there will be mini-workshops all over the place
- It will be held in the wonderful, newly renovated, Werkspoorkathedraal
- It will be large and professional, but still personal and crafty
- Creative Life is organised by an experienced and wellknown fair organiser.
- Monique - Mrs. Connecting the Dots/art director - from Happymakersblog is working in the organisation already from the beginning.
They have a very sympathetic construction: If you give workshops in your stand you get a discount on the (already not too high) stand price. There's a good list of wonderful exhibitors already, you can check them here. Good thing is: there's place for some more! A friend of mine - who's gonna be an exhibitor as well - told me: I need to be there, to stay visible on the map, to stay relevant. This is THE event! I think she is right.
Treat yourself on a day full of creativity. Come home not only with some beautiful selfmade or bought items in your bag, but also with a head full of ideas and inspiration! Well, it's easy peasy: block one of the days in your new 2017 calendar and buy your ticket (early bird discount!) in the coming weeks. Ticket sale starts by mid December, keep an eye on the website. And of course: spread the word and invite friends. This is going to be so special!
MY QUESTION TO YOU
Since I don't give workshops - I think you are all able to fold my angels without my help ;-) - I am thinking of contributing with something completely different. I would love to sit with you personally and share my professional experience with you.
Jurianne speed dates during the Creative Life event. 10 or 15 minutes of personal feedback. Not in my stand, but separate, private, in order to be real focused.
I can help you with creative/professional questions like:
- I would like to make a career move in a creative direction, but I don't know where to start!
- I would like to know how I can commercialize my small collection of products.
- I would like to get feedback on a creative process I got stuck in.
- I just would like to know some Jurianne 'business - secrets', to get inspired...
Do you think people would go for this idea? Would you? Should I ask money for this, a small symbolic amount maybe? I think it would be wise when people reserve their time in advance and send me a brief version of their question + images, so I can prepare it a little bit.
I would LOVE to hear your opinion and ideas! Thanks in advance...