Tuesday, October 25, 2011

dutch design week 2011

Last weekend my eldest son (13) and I went to the annual Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven. We took it easy, stayed in a hotel, got up early in order not to miss anything. We could have stayed for a week: we only saw half or even less of this lovely big event, I guess.

Most of the times I was so absorbed by what I saw, that I forgot to take photo's. And seeing the photo's I did take, it looks like I only saw lampshades!

Tallow candles by my friends from Ontwerpduo, who have this wonderful feeling for colours.

Rick Tegelaar's chicken wire and paper maché lamp shades. 

Beautiful blues and greens at Piet Hein Eek

Butterfly Lamps, the latest work by Paula Arntzen, one of my favorite (paper) designers.

Some nice neon paper lamp shades designed by Buro JET

 

3 comments:

  1. bij het zien van jouw foto's krijg ik nog meer zin om zaterdag te gaan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leuk! Annette & ik gaan morgen.
    XL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was to lazy to go..but but I love the butterfly lamps

    ReplyDelete

Allways happy if you leave me a note!
Spam will be removed and reported.