Sunday, November 13, 2011

one of olivier's artisans

I think it must have been the surgery (the anesthesia) that I'm kind of less focused than I was before: I completely forgot to tell you about a book that was recently published by Thames & Hudson.
It's called: 'The New Artisans' and yes...I am one of them! 

This book captures the new mood – a return to a preference for the unique and the handmade.Design expert and acclaimed blogger Olivier Dupon has sourced the cream ofthe contemporary design world from all over Europe, Australia and the United States, profiling 75 artisans who use craft techniques, rather than massproduction methods, to create stylish, whimsical, covetable objects. Hundreds of colour photographs feature a huge variety of crafts, including art,ceramics, furniture, glasswork, jewelry, lighting, metalwork, papercraft,textiles and woodwork.

When I got the first copy - still smelling of fresh ink and new paper - I was beaming with pride. The book is só beautifully published (hard back, thick, great layout etc) and the content is so balanced and interesting, it feels like a big applause for what I have done up untill now...
Thanks Olivier, it was great working with you!

I invite you all to blog about this inspiring book and to buy it for Christmas, it is worth every penny!

Below you see some work of artisans I share this 'crafts bible' with:

 Xenia Taler - ceramic tiles


Nic Webb - woodwork

Vera Joao Espinha - knitted jewelry


 Kristina Klarin - my colour guru - wooden jewelry
Elisa Strozyk - wooden textiles

They all have their own chapter in the book. Below you see 'my pages'.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful book, it`s now on my wish-list. I am so glad I found your site, you make so much beauty..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i KNOW http://kaylovesvintage.blogspot.com/2011/11/new-artisans.html

    WONDERFUL BOOK, WELL DONE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did indeed get this book for Christmas. I have been looking forward to it for some time. It is truly beautiful. What a wonderful collection. Nice to see you in there Jurianne. x

    ReplyDelete

Allways happy if you leave me a note!
Spam will be removed and reported.